Last updated: 16 November 2021
When talking about the most popular deposit methods nowadays, everyone focuses on the latest breakthroughs. eWallets and cryptocurrencies have become a global fascination, mainly due to their security features and useful, innovatory features. However, there’s still a place for credit cards in the online gaming industry. They provide a type of straightforwardness that many players prioritize when looking to make deposits. You just type out a few numbers, and you’re ready to go. Until something easier to use appears, providers like JCB will still be a viable option.
To help you better understand this particular payment method, we went all in for this JCB review. Not only did we look into the company’s reputation and inner workings, but we also tested a plethora of JCB online casinos and bonuses. Continue reading, and you’ll get the ultimate preparation for funding your casino account with JCB to play poker, blackjack, roulette, and slots or enjoy sports betting. Stay with us to find out all the pros and cons of this credit card provider. Good luck!
The Japan Credit Bureau, better known as JCB, is one of the longest-standing financial institutions in all of Japan. They were founded in 1961, and are frequently credited as one of the main reasons why Japan has become one of the world’s most important banking centers.
In the early years, they specialized in offering various types of loans at low-interest rates, which caused them to become the first choice of Japanese citizens. Encouraged by their quickly-amassed success, in 1968, JCB acquired one of their fiercest rivals – Osaka Credit Bureau. This move effectively consolidated JCB’s power and primed the company for international expansion.
And that’s precisely what happened back in 1981, with ventures to other countries and Asia and Oceania. Since they pretty much knew all the markets close to Japan, expansion plans were swiftly put into motion and the JCB empire grew exponentially in the coming years. It wasn’t long until they were the best-known Japanese financial services provider, both domestically and globally.
However, their big break came in 2006, when they signed a historical partnership deal with Discover, one of the primary credit card networks in the US. The agreement allowed Discover users to have their cards accepted in Japan, with JCB customers getting the same experience at retailers that accepted Discover in the US.
Even though JCB USA was discontinued in 2011, due to an unclarified decision by the company, foreign-issued JCB credit cards can still be used at members of the Discover network. This includes online casinos throughout the country.
- November 2021: JCB International Co. partners with Bank of China to launch JCB contactless payment service in the e-payment system of Long Win Bus, a bus company operating franchised services in Hong Kong.
- October 2021: JCB International Co. signs a partnership with Turkish Ziraat Bank, which enables over 500,000 merchants in Turkey to accept JCB Cards.
- September 2021: Union Bank of India teams up with National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to launch the Union Bank RuPay Wellness contactless credit card on the JCB International network.
- September 2021: In partnership with PT Bank CIMB Niaga Tbk, PT JCB International Indonesia launches the CIMB Niaga JCB contactless credit card in Jakarta.
- August 2021: JCB International Co. strikes a licence agreement with Advanced Bank of Asia Ltd. (ABA Bank) which enables JCB card holders to use them at the ABA merchant network across Cambodia.
- June 2021: JCB International Co. announces that they will bolster JCB contactless acceptance in the Nordic region thanks to the partnership with the Nets Group, a Nordic-based payment service provider.
- April 2021: JCB International, Co. and Global Prime Corporation Company Limited (GBP), a provider of an online payment platform, announce the enablement of JCB payment acceptance at GBP online merchants.
- February 2021: JCB Co. and Keychain GK announce a novel infrastructure for processing credit-based micropayments between IoT devices that enables direct human-to-machine and machine-to-machine payments without credit cards.
- November 2020: Alinma Bank partners with JCB International Co. to enable the acceptance of JCB cards through its POS and ATM network in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Before we get into the nitty-gritty, it’s important to emphasize that most Japanese banks and card providers are regionally-oriented, for the most part. Thus, the very fact that JCB has spread its tentacles all over the world is a testament to their stability, as well as their fruitful business model.
You can make JCB deposits in the following countries: Austria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Brazil, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Mongolia, Myanmar, Pakistan, Russia, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam. Keep in mind that this 18-country list doesn’t mean that you can’t make transfers with JCB in other countries. These are merely regions and territories where JCB has partnerships with national and private banks, mainly for issuing credit cards.
As a result, there are many online casinos that accept JCB payments, despite their citizens not being able to get a credit card legally. This is great for expats and all foreign nationals whole like to play slots or table gables on the internet, as a globally-recognized company is bound to be offered by many casino sites. The list we provided comes from JCB’s official site. While we advise you to choose from our recommended list of casinos, you can also do your own research and make JCB deposits at a casino you already know and like.
Visit JCB's Global Status page
Check to see if your country is available. If you see that it is indeed on the list, pick a partner bank.
Ask about the requirements
As the process might vary from bank to bank, and from country to country. To be absolutely sure about what you’re going to do, contact the bank and ask the customer service agents about what requirements you need to fulfill for a JCB card. Usually, these details are also outlined in the bank’s FAQ section, so be vigilant and meticulous when doing your research.
Provide personal information
From this point onwards, the process is straightforward. You will have to provide your personal information, as well as financial statements, proof of residence, and everything else your bank might require.
Background check is performed
The credit bureau will do a background check on you. If your rating is good enough, you will get issued a personal JCB credit card. Depending on the bank, it might take up to a week for you to actually receive and activate it.
Create an eBanking account
Create a JCB eBanking account to make the process of governing your financial affairs much easier. Once you do this, you’ll be ready to use JCB for all your online gambling purposes, just like any VISA or MasterCard.
One of the biggest advantages of using JCB is that it’s suited for everyone, without any need to be tech-savvy before taking the plunge. Here’s how to make a casino deposit JCB:
- Go to your preferred casino’s banking section, mainly the deposit part.
- Select JCB as your desired payment method.
- Enter your card number, expiry date, and CVV code – the three-digit number located on the back.
- Pick the amount you want to deposit.
- Receive a cashback.
- Start playing!
Even though we don’t believe credit cards are the most secure payment method, they still take the cake when it comes to ease of use. Nowhere else would you be able to just type out a few numbers and be done with the whole thing. Add the fact that JCB uses some pretty advanced cybersecurity methods (more on that in a bit), and we have a compelling case here.
As for JCB withdrawals, the process gets even easier, believe it or not.
- Head over to the banking/cashier section.
- Pick JCB as the transfer method.
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw from your casino account.
- Follow that up by inputting your card number, expiry date, and CVV.
- Now, some sites will ask for proof of identity when making your first deposit. If they do, provide them with a document.
- Enjoy your money once it arrives.
JCB first caught our attention when we noticed the fact that they don’t impose any fees on their customers whatsoever. This was a bit unusual, especially when you consider that credit card providers are notorious for their insistence on squeezing every cent possible. When we double-checked, JCB’s policy did in fact turn out to be 100% honest. You don’t have to pay anything to apply for the card, nor are there any annual or maintenance fees. Most users have pretty much gotten used to these expenses, so this is a great way to save money.
Combine the lack of fees with the cashback option, and you can really maximize every transaction you make. This is especially true if you make frequent deposits. However, you should be aware of the fact that casinos with JCB can impose special fees on deposits and withdrawals made with these cards. Check out the list above to see which site offers the best possible deal.
This is probably the biggest downside to using JCB. Even though it’s easy to make transactions and fill up your casino account, you will have to wait a long time to see your winnings even on the best JCB casino sites. Deposits are always instant, with a potential clearance time of up to 30 seconds as a worst-case scenario.
Since you’ll be using a credit card, the bank will be the mediator in the transactions. As you probably know, this adds quite a few hours to your waiting time. Expect to receive a payment in no longer than 3-5 business days, depending on various factors. Additionally, some casinos are known to verify the identity of first-time depositors, so expect a 24-48-hour delay before they check you out. Despite the fact that we hate delays such as this, it’s a great, yet old-fashioned security measure that prevents fraudulent activities.
The pendulum swings, as we go from a big downside to an even bigger advantage. JCB imposes no limits on transfers by its customers, which resulted in JCB cards being one of the most popular deposit methods for high-rollers. On the flip side, this means that you have to be extra mindful of how much you spend. As this is a credit card, you might burden yourself with additional dept.
Nevertheless, online casinos accepting JCB deposits and withdrawals still have the final word when it comes to limiting the financial activities of their players. Check out the limits of JCB on each of our recommended casinos, and choose a site based on your playing style. The most common minimum deposit limit is around $10-$15, depending on the casino.
50 Free Spins No WageringGet Bonus
Money Back up to €40Get Bonus
100% up to €100Get Bonus
100% up to €500 + 100 Free SpinsGet Bonus
€50 from free spins
100 Free SpinsGet Bonus
60x (Free Spins winnings)
100% up to AU$100 + 100 Free SpinsGet Bonus
100% up to €300 + 50 Free SpinsGet Bonus
€100 for Free Spins
100% up to €300 + 300 Free SpinsGet Bonus
€100 for Free Spins
JCB simply aces this section, starting off with its strict policy on not sharing information with any third parties. There are also great systems in place if you ever happen to lose your card. Not only can you block any transactions, but you can also cancel the card in an easy and fool-proof way.
They also use firewalls and SSL encryptions, along with some additional features like the J/Secure and J/Smart authentication protocols. In addition to this, JCB is also a founding member of the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council (PCI SSD). They’ve also improved their holographic strips, and made all their cards IC-compliant, along with focusing on EMV specifications.
When it comes to seeking assistance, JCB has a pretty efficient system in place. While they do have an email for inquiries and suggestions on their main website, they actually leave the work to each regional office. Let’s say you’re in Austria and you have problems with a deposit. You can contact the country’s office and let them handle the issue, as they have knowledge of Austria’s laws and regulations.
This is a great service, which maximizes efficiency and prioritizes finding resolutions as soon as humanely possible. To be extra sure, you can also contact customer support at both the casino and your bank. A three-layer support system is always a great thing to see.
With JCB, we only saw stellar player reviews, perhaps the best out of all the platforms we had the pleasure of covering. They are lauded for doing exactly what they’re advertising, with next to no bugs, problems, or claims of fraud.
The only negative reviews revolve around late payments, but this is almost never the fault of the payment method itself – usually, the JCB online casino messes something up. We’re delighted to see JCB being held in such high regard, but we still want more.
That’s why we also checked employee reviews. If you didn’t know, this is a great way to fully check the validity of a financial service provider. While players might overreact or restrain themselves, you can be sure that any wronged employees will make their displeasure known publicly.
JCB is reported to treat its workforce fairly, offering competitive salaries, and great work conditions. Seeing a company operating ethically is a big plus, and we applaud them.
JCB offers several extra features, of which the most notables ones are:
- J/Secure. This particular feature adds an extra layer of security to your JCB account, allowing you to bolster your defenses with an additional keyword, custom password, personal question, or even your current location. Once you confirm a transaction, the nearest issuing office waits for your confirmation until it okays the action.
- Loyalty perks. With JCB, you can gain access to exclusive member lounges at airports. They also went even further by signing deals with golf courses, providing their customers with cheaper or even free memberships.
- Access to JCB PLAZA. This is JCB’s center of operations in Paris, and is designed to provide Japanese tourists and all JCB customers with additional assistance, such as tour-guides, legal information, and much more.
Not only does JCB offer apps for both iOS and Android, but they’re much more than your usual eBanking software. Of course, you can monitor your payments, installments, and everything else related to your JCB account.
In addition to this, you can get an overview of all the merchants accepting JCB in the vicinity, as well as some extra perks for anyone visiting Japan. There are also lists of airport lounges, travel bonuses, and JCB-related deals. It’s an eBanking solution and information app at the same time, which is an approach we would like to see with other payment providers, too.
- JCB is the first, and currently only Japanese credit bureau that has spread internationally, making them a phenomenon.
- JCB also has partnerships with American Express and Union Pay, allowing them access to markets in Oceania and China.
- It is estimated that you can use JCB cards in approx. 190 countries.
- JCB offers merchants special devices allowing them to accept no-contact payments.
- They are also said to be investing a lot into developing the use of biometric data to improve overall security.
- In 2020, JCB teamed up with Tokyo-based TECHFUND, a leading technology accelerator, in order to develop a sustainable blockchain-powered transaction system. So, there might be some crypto operations to look forward to in the future.
- JCB won two awards at the 5th Cards and Electronic Payments International Asia Summit and Awards, for Best security initiative and Best NFC security initiative, thanks to IDEMIA technology. IDEMIA is the global leader in Augmented Identity, providing a trusted environment for users to make payments in the digital space.
Yes, JCB is fully licensed by the Japanese Government, and are one of the country’s oldest and most reputable credit bureaus.
Absolutely. JCB cards are perfectly equipped for holding money, which allows you to store your winnings.
While JCB cards aren’t issued in the United States anymore, you can still use foreign-issued ones at all retailers that accept Discover and American Express. When it comes to online casinos, this varies from site to site.
No, the company itself doesn’t charge its customers anything, not even an application fee! However, individual casino sites may take a cut of your deposits and withdrawals. Do some research just to be sure.
Yes, all popular payment methods are used as ‘bonus fuel’ by online casinos. Check out the ones we listed above and you’ll surely boost your gaming experience.
Review & Best Casinos
- A leading payment solution
- Maximum security
- Fast & easy casino transactions
Review & Best Casinos
- Fast casino transactions
- Available around the globe
- 165 supported currencies
Relja started off as a content writer in 2016, working his way through various niches and assignments to where he is today. Along the way, he realized that he has a particular affinity towards iGaming and fintech. An avid crypto and slots enthusiast, most of his duties involve analyzing the latest and most intriguing payment methods. LiveCasinos.com, Bettingmetrics.com and Betting.com are just some of the sites with his prints all over them.