The Betsson Group’s brand portfolio is the stuff of legends but does their oldest and biggest site stand the test of time?
Let’s just say they have a few tricks up their sleeve, okay? As for the exact reasons, you might want to consult our Betsson Casino review.
Colombia, Colorado, Ireland, Malta, Spain, Sweden
Softwares & Games
100% up to €1,000
Betsson Casino Review – Initial Impressions
Last updated: 27 January 2023
With more than six decades in the gambling business, Betsson is one of the pioneers in the iGaming industry. The Swedish casino started off as Cherry in the UK, was acquired by the Swedes, and now it is called The Betsson Group. Alongside Net Entertainment, Betsson was the first to launch an online casino, which happened in 2003.
During the last 20 years or so, Betsson Group have managed to develop a user-friendly environment, where players can enjoy state-of-the-art online gambling product, without having to worry about their safety. As the years went by, international acknowledgement of their good work kept on coming.
Prizes like Casino of the Year Award at the London Awards and Online Sportsbook Operator of the Year in 2012, Best Sport Betting App and Excellence in Customer Service in 2014 just proved that the team behind The Betsson Group has been making some exceptional achievements.
Apart from Betsson, The Betsson Group now owns casinos like Betsafe, Nordic Bet, Star Casino, Casino Euro, Jalla Casino, Rizk Casino, Super Casino, and others. Betsson holds gaming licenses in Malta, Sweden, Spain, and few other countries, targeting markets in Brazil, Denmark, Germany, Italy, Spain, Sweden, etc.
Restricted Territories: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, China, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Congo (DR), Denmark, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, France, Georgia, Greenland, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Lithuania, Malaysia, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Moldova, Montenegro, Morocco, Myanmar, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Norfolk Island, North Korea, Oman, Ontario Canada, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Somalia, South Korea, South Sudan, Spain, Sudan, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, Tunisia, Turkey, UAE, Uganda, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zimbabwe, United States and its dependencies, military bases and territories including but not limited to Am. Samoa, Guam, Marshall Islands, N. Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and Virgin Islands.
Targeting a wide international market, Betsson goes the extra mile to offer their customers a good selection of global and local payment options. Apart from the usual suspects, we were especially impressed by local options such as Siirto, PIX, Swish, Interac, Pago Efectivo, Redcompra, WebPay Plus and Pago Directo.
According to their Help Centre, all withdrawals are usually processed in 24 hours. It is important to mention that there are no banking fees whatsoever. Players can easily retrieve their winnings after all the necessary wagering requirements have been cleared. The minimum amount that you can withdraw is €20.
As for the maximum cashout limits, high rollers will love the fact that they can take home up to €50,000 in a single day. Minimum deposits are quite affordable, allowing penny punters and casual gamers to test Betsson games with a €10 deposit. Available payment methods by country are listed below.
- Brazil: Banco do Brasil (R$35-R$14,000), Bradesco (R$35-R$14,000), Boleto (R$35-R$14,000), ecoPayz (R$35-R$2,000), Mastercard (R$35-R$9,000), MuchBetter (R$5-R$60,000), Neteller (R$35-R$175,000), Pay4Fun (R$20-R$5,000), PIX (R$12-R$5000), Skrill (R$35-R$175,000), Visa (R$35-R$1,300), Bank Transfer (Withdrawal: R$50-R$50,000)
- Canada: Interac ($10-$2,500), Mastercard ($15-$10,000), MuchBetter ($15-$60,000), Paysafecard ($10-$200), Visa ($15-$10,000), Interac e-Transfer (Withdrawal: $10-$2,500), Bank Transfer (Withdrawal: $20-$30,000)
- Chile: ecoPayz (€10-€10,000), Mastercard (CLP$10,000-CLP$700,000), Neteller (€10-€45,000), Redcompra (CLP$5,000-CLP$10,000,000), Skrill (CLP$10,000-CLP$700,000), Visa (CLP$10,000-CLP$7,000,000), WebPay Plus (CLP$5,000-CLP$10,000,000), Bank Transfer (Withdrawal: CLP$20,000-CLP$2,000,000)
- Finland: Bank Transfer (Deposit: €10-€10,000 / Withdrawal: €20-€200,000), Euteller (€10-€4,000), Mastercard (€10-€2,500), MiFinity (€10-€2,500), Neteller (€10-€45,000), Paysafecard (€10-€200), Siirto (€10-€4,000), Skrill (€10-€45,000), Trustly (Deposit: €10-€100,000 / Withdrawal: €20-€50,000), Visa (€10-€10,000)
- Iceland: Bank Transfer (€10-€100,000, Withdrawal: €20-€100,000), Mastercard (€10-€2,500), Neteller (€10-€45,000), Skrill (€10-€45,000), Visa (€10-€10,000)
- Mexico: 7 Eleven (MX$100-MX$10,000), CoDi (MX$100-MX$10,000), Mastercard (MX$100-MX$10,000), Paynet (MX$100-MX$10,000), SPEI (MX$100-MX$10,000), ToditoCash (MX$100-MX$10,000), Visa (MX$100-MX$10,000)
- New Zealand: ecoPayz (€10-€10,000), Mastercard (€10-€2,500), Neteller (€10-€45,000), Paysafecard (€10-€200), Skrill (€10-€45,000), Visa (€10-€10,000), Bank Transfer (Withdrawal: NZD$30-NZD$10,000)
- Norway: Luxon Pay (kr100-kr10,000), Mastercard (kr100-kr25,000), MiFinity (kr100-kr23,750), Neosurf (kr100-kr10,000), Visa (kr100-kr50,000), Bank Transfer (Withdrawal: kr200-kr100,000), MuchBetter (Withdrawal: kr200-kr400,000)
- Peru: Mastercard (S/40-S/4,000), Neteller (S/30-S/150,000), PagoDirecto (S/15-S/7,000), PagoEfectivo (S/15-S/7,000), Paysafecard (S/30-S/850), Skrill (S/30-S/150,000), Visa (S/40-S/4,000), Bank Transfer (Withdrawal: S/60-S/150,000)
- Poland: Bank Transfer (Deposit: 250zł-8,000zł / Withdrawal: 90zł-1,000,000zł), JetonCash (€5-€100), Jeton Wallet (20zł-100,000zł), LuxonPay (40zł-25,000zł), Mastercard (50zł-3,500zł), MiFinity (50zł-10,500zł), MuchBeter (50zł-150,000zł), Neosurf (20zł-1,000zł), Paysafecard (40zł-10,000zł), Visa (50zł-3,500zł)
- Spain: Bank Transfer (€5-€100,000), Mastercard (€5-€2,500), PayPal (€5-€8,000), Paysafecard (€5-€200), Skrill (€5-€10,000), Visa (€5-€10,000)
- Sweden: Bank Transfer, Mastercard, Neteller, PayPal, Paysafecard, Skrill, Swish, Trustly, Visa
Software & Games
Betsson Casino offers members a nice selection of more than 4,000 games from 140+ software providers. Navigating through different sections of the website is quite easy using Main Menu (top) and the navigation menu on the left-hand side.
Its Casino Categories menu contains the usual items, but also Betsson Exclusives, Daily Jackpots and In Shop games. Novice players can use Practice Play to test the games for free, while you can create an account, log in and play for real money if you prefer it that way.
With over 3,500 slots on display, it is easy to see which game category takes the centre stage. However, it is also important to bring your attention to 300+ jackpots, 80+ daily jackpots and around a hundred other games.
We were also happy to see around 120 table games, where Evolution’s First Person Games are arguably the most exciting.
The Live Dealer section is something that will draw your attention immediately. We were more than satisfied with the number of live games that are on the offer at Betsson. Some of the most popular providers can be found in the lobby, including Evolution, Authentic Gaming, BetGames, Pragmatic Play and Playtech.
With such a great offer of providers in the Live Casino section, we are more than confident that you will be pretty satisfied with their game catalogue. Popular games include Crazy Time, Lightning Roulette, Live Blackjack Tables, Dream Catcher, Football Studio, Mega Fire Blaze Roulette, and Monopoly Live.
Bonuses & Promotions
First, we need to say something about Betsson’s welcome bonus, awarding new players with 100% up to €1,000, with a tasty addition of 200 Free Spins.
Note that you cannot enjoy this delicious welcome offer if you reside in the following countries: Albania, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada (Province of Ontario), Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Israel, Japan, Norway, Poland, Herzegovina, Kazakhstan, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Norway, Peru, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, UK and Ukraine.
However, Betsson is making sure to make their players happy. Therefore, we have good news for gamers from Brazil, Canada, Iceland, Finland, Greece, Norway and Poland.
Residents of these and some other countries can look forward to specific welcome deals when they register from their country.
- Bonus: 100% up to €1,000 + 200 Free Spins
- Promo code: Not needed
- Minimum deposit: €10
- Max cashout: No maximum
- Wagering: 30x bonus
- Max bet: €6
- Skrill and Neteller deposits excluded
- Bonus spins winnings valid for 3 days
Apart from the interesting welcome offer, players can enjoy a number of other rewarding promotions on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Casino tournaments are waiting for you every month, where you can win thousands of euros.
Video slots enthusiasts will be pleased to know that there are plenty of slot tournaments on offer as well. Weekly challenges are also present, where you can collect cool prizes. The best part of the story is that there are no wagering requirements for most prizes at Betsson Casino.
Security & Support
The support team behind the live casino is simply incredible. They are fast in their responses, and are willing to help you with everything you need. Believe us, we have checked them ourselves. It took fewer than 30 seconds to get our answers, and the operators were more than happy to respond to all of your questions.
Fortunately enough, most complaints about the Betsson website we have managed to find were about the overall visual appearance of the website, and the lack of certain providers that some of the gamers like. As for the support team and the level of security, we did not manage to find any complaints.
Betsson Casino Lowdown
Where Could Betsson Casino Improve
Betsson is, without a doubt, a legendary online casino, but even they have some things they could improve on. For starters, we’re getting seriously annoyed with all the casinos excluding Skrill and Neteller from bonus eligibility.
If you can claim a bonus using VISA, MasterCard or PayPal, you should definitely be able to do so with these eWallets. However, for the sake of convenience, we hope Betsson fixes this ASAP.
Another thing we’re not entirely pleased with is the website itself. Even though Betsson has two decades’ worth of experience, there are still some technical issues from time to time.
But it’s nothing game-breaking, just the usual – slow loading times, broken links, etc. So, again, it’s not the end of the world, but the user experience would improve significantly if they solved this.
Top Reasons to Play at Betsson Casino
If reputation and security are your top priorities, then there’s no reason why Betsson Casino shouldn’t be on top of your list. They have licenses in Sweden, Malta, Spain and several other jurisdictions. And when you also consider the countless awards they won over the years, it’s clear that you’ll be in safe hands.
The CBM team also likes the €50,000 daily cashout limit, which is more than some other sites’ monthly limits. Coupled with the low minimum deposit and withdrawal limits, this makes for one inclusive site.
We always like seeing casuals getting the opportunity to shine, and we have Betsson firmly in our top five in that department.
And we can’t omit the Betsson Exclusives section, featuring the casino’s very own branded games. But, of course, only the biggest and best sites can afford unique releases, so this is yet another testament to Betsson’s heavyweight status in the iGaming industry.
Should You Trust This Casino Site?
If you’re worried about things such as maximum withdrawal limits, bonuses and having enough games to play, then CBM would definitely recommend Betsson.
Not only do they have an easy-to-use site filled with awesome content, but you’ll also get more than you bargained for. Whether it’s exclusive bonuses, polite support agents, tournaments or fresh releases, this casino does not disappoint.
Betsson Casino has both the reputation and the performance to justify our high grades. And if they continue this way, this site may become one of the top contenders for that number-one spot. So claim one of their bonuses and let us know if you share that opinion. Good luck!
No, there is currently no such bonus at Betsson Casino.
Yes, you can. A total of 200 free spins are awarded on your first deposit.
Yes. There are over 200 live dealer games provided by some of the most popular providers, such as Evolution, Playtech and Authentic Gaming.